Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Contacts, Contacts, Contacts

Last summer, I had an AMAZING time in rural China teaching kids. In the process, I met many Chinese college students. My group leader, Zhang Jing, is a senior at Bei Da, or Peking University (China's version of Harvard). I contacted her through facebook to tell her about my research project, and whether or not it would be possible to find a teen population in the juvenile system. I didn't think much of it because I just happened to ask her while catching up with what is going on in her life.

Two days later, I got her reply. She said that she just happened to be taking a class with a professor who studies adolescents in the prison system. AND Zhang Jing said that she would be more than happy to help me if I went to Bei Da.

While I originally wanted to go to Harbin, China with CET, I think I may have to change plans (for the better?). I need to make an appointment with the Study Abroad Office to go over my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment